Thursday 1 August 2013

July Favourites

First of all I'd like to start off by saying..
For some reason I love to watch favourites videos on YouTube and then I just thought, "Hey, why not do a blog post on favourites?" So here is my first monthly favourites and I will probably do more depending on whether I've tried out new products.
My favourites for the month of July..
My first favourite if the month is this nail polish by 17. It is in the shade Orange Soda and I just absolutely love it for the summer time. I've done a blog post on this nail polish before so check that out if you want.
Next is the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Facial wash. So, I don't usually get that many spots however recently I've been getting a couple so I started using this. It works great! I don't use it all over my face, I just put a little bit on the spot. I tend to to this in the morning and by the end of the day the spot is barely visible and it takes around two days to completely go. I love the scent of this product because it smells of pink grapefruit which is so nice and great for summer.
I have also been loving the Rimmel Vinyl Jelly Lip Liners. I got both of these in one pack for just 99p! They're really soft and just glide on. Both the shades are quite shimmery as well which I don't really love but I overlook it. I use these more of a lip gloss because the colours are so pretty. I have the shades Moreish and Sorbet. I prefer Sorbet but I thought from the packaging I would prefer Moreish.
This is the Chit Chat Cheek Tint (basically just says that on the photo). I've this a while and I used to use it loads but I stopped using it during winter because it looks to oily and bright on my pale skin. Since I now have a tan, I've started using it again because I find it a lot easier to blend than powder blush. This cheek tint was only £1 (I like to save money ok) which is good seeing as the Benefit cheek stain is around £24 for the same size bottle.
I feel like I've mentioned this product so many times before :L It is the No7 Stay Perfect Lipstick in the shade Classic Rose. It is a really pretty deep pink colour and is perfect for summer. I don't tend to use lipstick but this is by far the best that I've ever used because it does what it says and stays perfect. It never budges or rubs of. You can't even feel it on your lips and even when you eat it doesn't come off.
I've also done a blog post on this before as well and this is the No7 Colour Lock Lipstick in the shade Watermelon. I love love love the colour of it and the name is so summery! It is a coraly colour and seems a bit pink, a bit red and a bit orange. Unfortunately, this lipstick does not stay in place at all and you can feel it on your lips and if you eat the colour comes off which really lets the product down.
Ok so everyone needs sun cream, right? It's summer and everyone need to stay protected from the sun. This is my favourite sun cream because it smells so nice. It is the Hawiian Tropic Silk Hyrdation Protective Sun Lotion. Seriously, it smells of coconuts and I've never used a sun cream with such a nice scent before. I actually don't know if you can get this in the UK and if you can it is definitely not widely available. It's quite oily but it's so light on the skin and feels so good as well.
Following on from sun cream, this is my summer must have. I always always always use after during summer months. I've tried different ones but they don't compare to this Nivea After Sun Lotion. It soothes burned skin and cools it when you've been in the sun all day and and your skin is feeling to warm and icky. It also helps "lock in" your tan so it's longer lasting.
Recently I started using this Natural Collection body butter again. I lost it and just found it and the smell is so summery I just had to use it again. It's really moisturising and it smells of strawberries though some people will find it quite sickly. 
Now for none beauty favourites 
I have been loving wearing my flower crown through July. Mine is from Primark and was only £2.50 . The flowers are quite big so I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I really do and it finishes any summer outfit perfectly.
I'm not usually a book person because I never have time to read but whilst I was on holiday I read most of the time I was there. I ended up reading two books that I really enjoyed so I thought I'd include them in my favourites.
First is the final part in the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay. I loved the hunger games books and they are the best books I've read in a long time possibly ever. My favourite is probably the first one. I liked Catching Fire but I thought it moved a bit slow and I only really liked the arena part. As much as I love Mockingjay, I think I was a bit gory and there was definitely a lot of blood involved. The series is written so well and I really think everyone should read them (obviously at the appropriate age). I've told so many of my friends to read them.
The other book I read in July is Memoirs Of A Teenage Amnesiac. I think the storyline is really good and honestly, I prefered it to The Fault In Our Stars which I didn't cry at and thought it was a bit boring. It tells the story of a girl who falls down some stairs and loses 3-4 years of memory. She can't remember whether she has a boyfriend or not. She starts finding things out slowly however she has changed from how she was before the accident. The ending is so good as well.

Hope you enjoyed my first favourites post. Sorry it's so long! :* xx















No comments:

Post a Comment