Sunday 11 August 2013

The Childhood Tag

I've always wanted to have a go at a tag and one that I've liked the sound of is the childhood tag. The childhood tag lets the reader learn about what it was like growing up in the years the blog owner was a child. So lets get on with the questions!

1. Favourite Disney Film?
This is possibly one of the hardest questions to answer! I'm such a massive Disney fan and I was constantly watching the films on repeat. I think my grandma got sick of it to be honest, the amount of times I made her watch The Little Mermaid and 101 Dalmatians :L I loved so many Disney films as a child but I think I mainly watched The princess films (except Snow White because the witch scared me :L) , 101 Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, The Lion King, Tarzan and Peter Pan. That's a lot of Disney Films! Like I said, it's hard to choose just one!

2. Favourite Muisc Artist?
When I was younger I used to love Girls aloud and Mcfly

I also really liked Busted, S Club 7, Avril Lavinge and a lot of other artists. I also was into older music because of what my mum and dad listened to so I really liked Westlife's cover of Uptown Girl originally by Billy Joel (embaressing!). 

3. Favourite Candy?
Definitely flying saucers! Me and one of my old friends used to be obsessed with them and we always had them whenever she came round mine or I went to hers. They made us extremely hyper and I think sometimes everyone just wanted us to shut up. I love them still and the last time I had them was when I went to Disneyland with my school :)
I also really loved these lollies and I think they were called Whacker Lollies but I'm not sure. Anyway the flavour of these lollies were the best! I can even remember that my favourite was the Blue Raspberry flavour! I used to get one whenever I went to ASDA (basically Walmart in the USA) with my mum.
(Ok, they were called Clicker Pops)
Now I think over it, there's a lot of sweets I loved like Brain Lickers and the Brain Licker pods, Megamouth sprays, Juicy Drop Pop and Push Pop..
Clearly I loved sugar! I have to admit, I did have a bit of a sweet tooth when I was little!

4. Favourite Game? (board game, school game etc..)
This is quite a tricky question because I can't remember many board games that I used to play. I always liked Disney Monopoly even though I didn't understand it until I was older. I also remember a Fairy Charm Bracelet game that I loved and so did all my friends! They ended up always wanting to play it when they came round. It was a really fun game.
At school when we were in the lower years we tended to make up games. Me and one of my friends made up a game called "The Secret Game" and no one knew what it was except us. Basically we were obsessed with horses so we pretended that we helped at a riding school and we always had to solve mysteries. In the higher years (juniors) our whole class played a game called Waternet which is just our version of Bulldog and it is the best game ever! It should have been Wall to Net (because you had to run from a wall to a fence -known as the net because it resembled one) but this was a mouthful so it ended up being shortened to Waternet. It's a game that has been going on for years in our school and it still exists now -three years since I left. We also enjoyed playing String Tig (a personal favourite), Melting Candles, Tig in the Blue Shapes, Splat and Pull/push out Tig (a game which allowed you to pull/push people out of the den -it generally got quite violent :L).

5. Favourite McDonald's Happy Meal Toy?
This is so easy for me to answer! Ok now that sounds like I eat McDonalds all the time but I can assure you I don't! Anyway I have two happy meal toys that I distinctly remember getting and loving. Generally the happy meal toys get thrown away after a couple of weeks but with these two I kept for quite a while. The first is a mini MyScene doll. I never owned a full sized MyScene (a doll like Barbie) but I always wanted one and I loved getting a mini one. 
When I was little McDonald's actually used to have really good toys and they did girls and boys which they don't do anymore. There's two or three dolls off the previous photo that I remember getting (I do have a sister as well so we both got them). I actually still have the coats that they came with because I still have my collection of Bratz dolls under my bed. The other toy I kept and really liked was the Betty Spaghetty dolls
When I was younger I already had a small collection of Betty Spaghetty dolls (which were a bit better than the McDonalds version). I just really liked them and they fitted with my other dolls that I already had. I also remember the Tarzan collection which is strange because I wouldn't have even been 1 when they were around
I think I remember them because there is this photo of my sister playing with the Porter (the guy on the bike) one. We also kept this ages so I think I've seen it from growing up and if I had a rummage around I reckon I could find it because I'm pretty sure we still have it.

6. Favourite Book?
I liked a lot of books when I was a kid but I remember one called The Necklace Of Raindrops that I constantly got my mum to read to me because I loved it so much. It's a really nice storyline as well ad I just liked it for some reason.

7. Favourite Clothing Store?
It really depends at what age. I mean, when I was young my mum did my clothes shopping but the I started to choose what I wanted to wear and started buying my own things. I guess the first shop I started buying my own things from would have been New Look or Primark. When my mum bought things for me it was a lot of ASDA and Next. I seemed to always wear High School Musical clothing.. To be completely honest I can't remember that much where we shopped or what I wore.

8. Favourite Nick.jr Show?
Unfortunately, my family can't afford Sky or anything like that that has Nick.jr on it so I never really watched it other than at friends houses. I watched Cbeebies and Milkshake though and I liked a lot of programmes but I remember Binka, Rolie Polie Olie and Bear In The Big Blue House

9. What Would You Watch When You Got In From School?
I always remember being really tired when I got in from school so I would watch TV with my mum and sister but I always ended up falling asleep on the sofa with my mum :L I do remember watching My Parents Are Aliens and I really liked it for some strange reason

So that's the end of the tag! I hope you enjoyed reading it and learning a bit more about me and what I was like as a child! It was really fun reminiscing and thinking of the answers. I'm going to tag Kendal (www.its-called-fashion.blogspot.co.uk) and Becky (www.fashionandforever.blogspot.co.uk) 

Thank you! xx












No comments:

Post a Comment