Tuesday 13 August 2013

Autumn Must Haves

Sadly, Summer is coming to an end and Autumn is just around the corner. As much as I love the summer weather, I also love the coziness of Autumn. This post is going to be things that I am going to be using a lot in the Autumn months and I hope some of you will find it useful.
Here's an overview of the beauty products that I think will be useful in Autumn.
First is a lip balm. This is so important for me because my lips dry up so easily so I need a lip balm on me at all times. I usually use Vaseline because it makes my lips heal really quickly and makes them feel baby soft. However, I've lost my Vaseline (which was nearly finished as well!) so I thought I'd include this Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Lip Balm. I love the scent of this because its so festive but is suitable for Autumn. It's also very buttery and moisturising 
Next I've picked out some nail colours that I think are really good for the coming season.
Nudes are great for Autumn because they are so subtle and not over the top. They match nearly everything, especially Autumn clothing. I have the No7 Stay Perfect Nail Polish in the colour So Simple
Burgundy is also a fantastic nail colour for Autumn. I couldn't find the shade on the Collection 2000 one but the Maybelline one is in the colour 190 Racing Rubies
Reds are also really good for Autumn as they add a pop of colour. You have to be careful though as you do not want an overly bright red. Out of my collection, these were the best reds I had as the others were too bright.
This Rimmel polish is in the shade 315 Ready, Aim, Paint! 
And the 17 one is in the shade Knockout Red
I also think bronze is a very Autumny colour because it reminds me of all the leaves. This is the O.P.I Nail Lacquer in the shade Brisbane Bronze
The next colour that I love is this Sinful Colours one. It's not come out the best on camera and its really hard to describe it but it is a glittery, fiery orange/red. It's in the colour Serena and Chloe 
The final colour that I think is quite Autumny is any Emerald green. Again, it will add a pop of colour. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of one.
For lip colours in autumn I think deep reds are a must. I know that the Kate Moss lipsticks by Rimmel have a great variety of Autumn reds.
I don't know what brand this lipstick is but I know it's not a popular well known one. The colour hasn't come out the best on camera and it took me several attempts to get this shot however, it's the perfect Autumn red because its very deep and looks sort of burgundy in the packaging but on the lips it is a deep dark (but not too dark) red. It is in the shade Complete Spicy Red
I have a set of Stila Lips Glazes that I think are the perfect colour for Autumn
They game in a pack of three and were part of some sort of Red Carpet/Hollywood collection and i think It was limited edition. They are in the colours Lights, Camera and Action
These are very different to lip gloss as they are much thicker and are like a lip tar. They last longer than a lip gloss and, in my opinion, are a lot nicer. They don't have the regular sponge applicator, instead they have a brush.
Although I'm not an eyeshadow person, I have picked out a lot of Autumn eyeshadows.
This palette is a bit ruined but I really like the browns that it has and I would wear these I'm autumn. This is the Colour Workshop palette

This palette also has really nice bronzers and blushes that a good for Autumn.
I am in love with the colours in this mini set. They are great and remind me of coffee, which is probably why it is called Coffee Bean
It is from the Revlon ColourStay collection and I think the shades match so well and would look great in a smokey eye combo.
The next eye "thing" isn't the particular shadow but the look and that look is...
..the smokey eye. The colours in this palette are suitable for Autumn but more for an Autumn night out/special occasion 
It comes with a chubby smokey eyeliner which is also another of my autumn musts.
So that's it for beauty picks, now for fashion.
First is cable knit leggings
Mine are from Primark and in an aubergine sort of colour. Here's a close up of the pattern
I just think cable knit looks really cute and is something a bit different to regular leggings. It is also cosier and comfy than normal leggings.
My second and final fashion pick is oversized jumpers and cardigans. I love oversized knits because they look nice but they keep to comfy and warm. I love curling up with an oversized knit, hot chocolate and a book in Autumn and Winter. I haven't had the chance to buy a knit for this year but I've been loving the ones in Primark that I've seen so far. Primark seems to be ahead of everyone and have already got their Autumn/Winter stock out which is so handy because it means that you can buy what you want and be prepared for when the cold weather comes (depending on where you live).
I hope you enjoyed this Autumn post and I hope it's been useful to you all! 
 
















 







1 comment:

  1. Nice post!!! would you like to follow each other by Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete