Tuesday 6 August 2013

How To Survive Summer - My Summer Essentials

I am aware  that summer is coming to an end but I thought it would be nice to share some of my summer essentials and what I pack to go to the beach and that sort of thing.
This bag contains a few things that I need in order to survive summer. Firstly I must always pack water if I'm going to the beach because its so important to stay hydrated especially if I'm going to be spending the whole day out in the sun. I generally choose water over other drinks because I feel better drinking it and it refreshes your body. Next is a lip stain. I normally would only apply this in the morning but they're great for sunny weather because they are waterproof and they last for ages and don't budge. The next item is after sun which I apply in the evening. After sun is my summer must have. I could not survive summer without this item. I've done a more detailed blog post on after sun so check that out if you want. Whenever I go out during summer, whether its to the beach or just a day trip out, I always pack a comfy jumper. If the weather starts to get cooler it's nice to be able to just throw on a jumper and stay cosy and warm. I also always pack a cover up for the beach. I tend to chose a loose fitting dress that I can just pop over my swimming costume so that I can stay comfortable. Obviously it is important to protect your eyes from the sun so a good pair of sunglasses are always useful. When I'm on the beach I also go in the sea a lot so I always need a swimming costume. When I'm out during summer (or any season really) I get hungry so I like to pack some yummy snacks that I can eat throughout the day. I like things like crisps and biscuits that are easy to pack and eat. I also like healthy options like chopped up fruit especially watermelon! A towel is always important for a beach day so you can dry off and avoid getting cold! It also makes a good mat to sunbathe on! The next item I wouldn't pack to go out but I definitely need it to survive summer! It is my all time favourite shampoo, the Loréal Everstrong sulphate free shampoo. This shampoo is absolutely amazing! The fact it has no sulphates means it cleans your hair whilst keeping it healthy. It's really good for when my hair is clogged up with salty water from the sea as it cleans my hair so well without damaging it. Sun lotion is so so so important for sunny weather. It's really important to stay protected from the sun and believe it or not, a lot of people don't bother with sun cream! I always re-apply sun cream throughout the day to keep my skin nice and protected and unburnt (luckily I tan more easily than I burn). My favourite sun cream is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Protective Sun Lotion. It smells so yummy and it protects your skin so it's super good. I don't wear a lot of make-up during summer but if I choose to wear mascara then it must be waterproof! You don't want to end up with mascara all over your face! My favourite water proof mascara is the Maybelline Illegal Length. When I'm going to the beach it is essential for me to pack a book because it can get a bit boring sometimes and when I'm at the beach is the perfect time for me to read. I end up finishing books because I read them all day! One major essential is a camera! Wherever you go in summer you need to capture those memories so make sure you take a camera! It doesn't need to be expensive either, basic cameras take just as good quality photos as expensive ones! My camera is like my baby and it comes everywhere with me! I own the Samsung WB100 which I purchased for around £100 which I think is create value for such a great camera. It has a 26x zoom which is really great and so far I've got some great summer photos! 
I hope you all liked this post and hopefully it will help some of you out! :*

No comments:

Post a Comment