Tuesday 6 August 2013

Bikini Trends

It may seem a bit weird doing this post now when summer is coming to and end soon but there's

still plenty of time to buy a new bikini for a holiday. Recently I've been seeing a lot of different bikinis around rather than just standard top and bottoms (basically underwear looking ones). 
The main trend I've been seeing is the high waisted/longline bikins. So far I've found that Topshop and River Island have the best range of this type of bikini



I don't feel confident enough to wear a normal bikini but I would consider wearing one if these as they cover up more and expose less and seem as though they would be a lot more flattering. The tops also look like they would offer a lot more support. I am hoping that these will be available next year and hopefully there will be a bigger variety of colours/patterns.
One thing I stumbled across that I really liked was a long sleeved bikini top which is like a crop top.
This one is from ASOS (I think!!). I really like the idea of long sleeved bikini tops as, again, they expose less and they look really nice and unique. 
Finally is a swimming costume trend but it still looks like a bikini.

I love love love this swimming costume from Topshop! It looks like a bikini as the waist line is higher up that it should be and it looks great! The colour blocking is such a good idea and also creates the illusion of a bikini. I really like the colours on this particular one.










1 comment:

  1. I love the topshop costume :) its nice to have costumes which still look great xx

    ReplyDelete