Sunday 7 July 2013

Shabby Chic

I love the shabby chic look for interior design. It can look a bit weird sometimes but it generally looks really cute, girly and vintagey. I would love to have shabby chic things in my room but they wouldnt match it. I think shabby chic matches pastel coloured rooms. I've had a look on the Internet and found some super cute shabby chic things that would all make a beautiful room.
First of all is this lovely bed set from Dunelm. It's quilted and made of vintage patterned patches and just looks so nice. It would make a really nice girly room if it was matched with some of the other items I've picked.
These two items are off a website I found called www.bronterose.co.uk I looked through a couple of pages of the website and it stocked some really cute shabby chic items. I love the heart with the little quote just because it's a heart so it's cute and I love little quotes like this. I just think it would look really pretty just hung up somewhere around the house. The little heart draws would look nice anywhere. They would be great for jewellery and they are so vintagey and just really nice. Definitely look at the website because there are so many other great items.
Well, clearly with the amount of items here, I'm slightly obsessed with this website. If you haven't noticed on the photos, the website is livelaughlove.co.uk here is the actual link I found these items off.     These are a small..ish selection of items. There we so many lovely shabby chic pieces I loved! First is some lovely book ends which spell love. They have a rustic look to them and look super cute! Next is a small heart plaque. I specifically wanted to find a plaque to put in this post as I think they are one of the best shabby chic items. This one has such a cute quote on it as well. I'm not madly in love with the font as I think I looks a bit "cheap" but overall it looks lovely. The third item is just a basic block with a vintage flower print on it. It's so simple yet would be the perfect touch to a vintage shabby chic room. Fourthly is a block photo frame with 3D paper butterflies. The website also had the same thing but with little teacups which also looked really cute. I love this item but it's not really worth the money when it can be made so easily for much cheaper and it would probably look more vintage. The next item is a similar design to block with the rose print. It is a sheet calendar. I think this is so useful as its a lot less stress than a paper calendar because I find that they always get ripped and fall down. With this it helps you keep track of the dates and it can be reused every year. As well as being really useful, it looks great as well with a vintage flower print. I am absolutely in love with this bird trinket dish! I think it's perfect to put on your dresser or whatever and just put all your jewellery in it. It's would look really shabby chic with jewellery and you'll be able to see what you have there as when I put my jewellery in a box I forget about it and never wear any. I may consider buying this item myself as I think it would look great and would be really handy. Next is a glass bottle with a sliver heart and white lace ribbon. Although I'm not sure what you'd use this for or what you'd put in it, I still love it. Even if it's left empty, I still think it would look really cute. The 8th item is a set of 3 small dish sort of things. They aren't the sort of dishes that would hold load of things, maybe just a ring or something. I don't even think these need to have anything on them and they would still look nice. They have the cute words on them that are sort of inspirational. The vintage looking tins are so nice because the can store so much and they look really old and they're just really nice and cute. Next is a wooden self with hearts cut out of it. I don't know why I like this but I do. It does look like its fr out door use but it would look really pretty in a room holding something like a small vase or just books and magazines. I love the natural look of it. Lastly is a flower garland. This is probably my most favourite item out of all of them. It would look so nice on a shelf or round a mirror. It would look nice anywhere! This also has a nice natural look to it and I just think its the perfect touch for a light coloured room. 
Of any of you have watched Zoe's (Zoella) festive room tour, you will notice that she has a lot of shabby chic things in her room that all look really nice together. You will also notice that she gets a lot of it for, charity shops and jumble sales. It's always good to look in places like this for shabby chic items as they'll be super cheap yet will still look nice. They will probably look nicer as they could be more vintage. 
Sorry this is such a long post but I hope if you've read it then you liked it
X





1 comment:

  1. Omg I love the dream, hope, love heart things xx

    ReplyDelete