Friday 12 July 2013

MUA cosmetics

I really have had a bloggers block this week.. And for this reason I'm doing a blog on something I haven't even used before hitch is strange but please go with it.
I thought I'd do a little (or it could get quite long) post on MUA cosmetics. MUA stands for Make Up Academy. I've heard so many mixed reviews about this brand but I'm definitely looking forward to trying out a couple of products from them. If you're unaware, MUA are know for making dupes of expensive/more pricey brands such as Clinique, Essie and Mac. Im not 100 % sure but I think the highest price for a product from MUA is about £5 (excluding palettes). This is great and the packaging really does mimic some pricier brands. Here are a few dupes that MUA do.

First off is nails. Above is MUA's collection of magnetic nail polishes and underneath that is one of Barry M's magnetic polishes. Although I've never tried any of these products before, the MUA version look good dupes. I was considering trying out the Barry M ones but now I have discovered that MUA make them too, I'm more likely going to try out theirs. The MUA polish is just £3.50 per bottle compared to the Barry M price of £4.99 which I think is a bit too much.


Well... This look familiar.. The packaging of these polishes look the exact copy of Essie. For those of you who don't know, Essie is an extremely popular brand of nail polishes avaliable in many parts of the world. Even England! Anyways, Essie is very expensive with a price of approximately £7.99 per polish. As I'm not really a nail person, I've never felt willing enough to pay that much for something I probably wouldn't use that much. These MUA dupes are just £1 each. Yes, £1! I've always wanted a mint green polish but the only one I could find was the raved about Mint Candy Apple by Essie. I then discovered Pistachio Ice Cream by MUA (above) which is very similar to Mint Candy Apple.
(mint candy apple by Essie) they aren't exactly the same but if anything, I prefer the MUA Ine as it is more green based. Another popular Essie shade is Fiji which is a very light pink.
This is Natural Days from MUA which I find quite similar to Fiji.
Next onto Lips.
MUA have done a great copy of the Clinique Chubby sticks.
They look nearly identical. When I first saw the TV advert for Chubby Sticks I instantly wants one but I knew, with it being from Clinique, it would be very expensive. Chubby Sticks are £16 each which is so over priced. I'm definitely a drug store kind of girl. I didn't even consider buying one after I found out the price. I then discovered MUA Power Pouts which look the same and at just £3.00 each it's worth the risk to see if it is good. 
These lip stains remind me so much of the Rimmel 1000 kisses Lip Tint. I do actually own a 1000 kisses lip tint but I managed to find one in the pound shop. Usually the Rimmel version are around £7.99 where as these MUA ones are £3.00.
Finally eyes.
These products look so similar. So far I've heard that the MUA one isn't too great but others think its fantastic. I own the Bourjouis one in the shade pictured and I love it! It's so easy to create the smoky eye look and all three shades are very pigmented. I got this as a present and its not something I would consider buying for my self but I have it and it's great. I'm not sure how much it was but it won't have been as cheap as the MUA trio. Unfortunately I've heard so far that they aren't pigmented at all and overall a huge let down but I guess all people have different opinions.
Finally is this cheeky little dupe. This dupe is actually pretty popular. The first picture is the MUA undressed palette and below it is the Urban Decay Naked (1) palette. I think nearly all 'eyeshadow' people want the Naked or Naked 2 palette but unfortunately it costs around £36. However, MUA created the Undressed palette and is just £4 but copies each shade pretty much exactly. MUA also have a dupe for the Naked 2 palette.

So those were just a few dupes I've foud that look super good. I really can't wait to try out some of these dupes as well as some other original MUA products. I hope they're good as they are so reasonably priced and there's so much I want to try. Hope you liked this post!

X









No comments:

Post a Comment