Friday 5 July 2013

My summer playlist

Here in England we've be having a bit of really good weather and it's making me feel all summery! I was listening to music on the bus earlier on the way to school and it got me thinking about my favourite summer music and this blog post is born! I'm just going to pick out some artists or specific tracks that I love in the summer.

1. Up All Night + Take Me Home - One Direction

Im a directioner so this is an obvious choice for a summer playlist! I love the newer songs off TMH but you can beat a bit of the classic UAN. These albums are great because they have a mixture of songs, some are really energetic and some are really chilled out so they're perfect for any summer mood. I also really love Rita Ora's cover of What Makes You Beautiful! 

2. Ed Sheeran

Who doesn't love Ed Sheeran? He's so amazingly talented as he writes pretty much all his music and he's a great singer. I wouldn't say I'm a Sheerio but I do love Ed's music. I love all his music but for a summer playlist I would definitely pick Gold Rush because it's just the perfect tune for a relaxed summer day.

3. We Are Who We Are - Little Mix
This song is such a feel good song! It definitely is a summer party track! Honestly, I listen to this song pretty much everyday without fail.

4. Wherever you will go - Charlene Soraia
This song is great for those lazy, chilled summer days. It's a bit of an odd choice as its a bit of a sad song but it's so relaxing and calm and peaceful.

5. Year 3000 - Busted
Probably one of my all time favourite songs. It's so pumped up and just makes you feel so hyper and great making it a brilliant song for summer. I've heard a cover of this by The Jonas Brothers but it doesn't do it for me. It has to be the original by Busted, they were such a great band!

6. Stargirl + 5 Colours in Her Hair - Mcfly
Another old favourite! I absolutely love McFly! I think it's great how even after 10 years they're still together and I mean Tom's wedding speech was just amazing! You should definitely check it out if you haven't seen it already. Anyways these are two of my most favourite McFly songs. I love how Stargirl just instantly makes you feel 10x better. It's pretty much the same with 5 colours in her hair and it's just an old favourite that makes anyone want to go crazy. I'd also consider putting Love Is Easy on there too because it's nice and relaxed and it's great how McFly can do contrasting music.

7. Love like This - Kodaline
Kodaline are pretty new so not many people will know who they are. They are an Irish band and I love their music! Love like this is another relaxed song (I think it's obvious that I like relaxed songs!) 

8. Made in America - Cimorelli
This song is so happy and the tune is so summery and great and America instantly makes you think of summer and sun!

9. Someone Like You - The Summer Set
From the name of this song you'd probably think its an Adele cover (if you havent heard it already). It's just got a really good tune to it and makes you feel so happy and almost want to dance.. :L

10. Flaws - Bastille
First of all, Bastille is a band  made up of Dan, Chris, Kyle and Will. Everyone seems to think that it is just Dan. I love their music but for summer my pick is Flaws.

11. Summer Paradise - Simple Plan
The title has summer in it so it's an obvious pick for summer! I love it because it's so feel good.

These are only a few picks and I could have created a list so much longer but seeing as its a bit too long already I thought I'd better stop! Sorry this is so long but I love my music! And I love summer! If you don't know some of these songs I would recommend listening to them but they're just my personal favourite summer songs so they won't be everyone's taste. 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment