Tuesday 2 July 2013

Pinafores

Recently a lot of shops have been stocking pinafore dresses. They are super cute and girly but also very retro. It seems as though pinafore/dungarees style dresses are going to be very popular this summer so I've selected a few to share with all you lovely people.
First is this one from Primark. Its only £12 which is great value (compared to others that I have picked out!) anyways this is actually available in 2 shades of blue denim. The first is the one pictured above and the other is much more acid washed. They both look lovely. I think Primark is great because it always sells the latest fashions but for much more affordable prices and the quality is always great but it is suitable and durable. I also recently found out that ASOS sell a few selected Primark pieces now. Primark isn't available online except from ASOS and it only sells the latest items but this is on there so you can order online now.
These three dresses are all from New Look. New Look probably have the best selection of pinafore dresses as they also have patterned ones. The first one is very similar to the Primark and is similar the the shade of the other Primark one not pictured. It's a very pretty bleached blue and the dress is gorgeous but as it is so similar to the Primark one, I don't think it's worth the money as it is around £23 . The next two are really the same dress but in different colours. They are jersey material and look as though they would be very comfortable. They are quite different to the Primark dress in terms of style and fabric used. They are also around £23 which isn't too expensive but some people may not be willing to pay this. I think the price is more acceptable for this style of pinafore dress as they seem more comfortable because of the strechiness.
Oh my gosh. This dress is just wow. It's cute, girly, retro and outgoing in one. It's from Topshop so a pretty big price rage would be expecte. The colour and pattern is lovely and perfect for summer because it's so out there. You would stand out a lot wearing this so you would probably need to be quite confident to wear it.
Another one from Topshop. I believe that this one is around £32 which I find quite expensive but if you don't need to worry about money then why not go for it? It's not as skater like as the previous dresses and is quite flat and straight. This can definitely be dressed up or down which I don't think the others really can (maybe they could, I don't know I'm no expert). This is a great advantage as it means you can get more wear out of it so it's better value for money. I love th colour and it would go with a lot of shoes and tops to go underneath.
Finally is this cute dress from Miss Selfridge. It doesn't show up too well on the photo but it's a reddy/coraly colour which is such a lovely colour for summer. Again I think this dress could be dressed up and down which is great. It's a very feminine, girly dress and I love it. However it is £40 which is super expensive especially when it looks so similar to the Primark one but a different colour. If you really like the colour but don't want to splash the cash, you could always try bleaching a Primark one and then tie dying it or ombréing it for a cool effect. I don't know if this would work but it could. If anyone reads this and try's dying it then I would love to see how it turns out! Tag me in a picture on instagram (@lizzie_oakley) not that I expect anyone to try it but still. If you try is and you don't like the effect the you can always change the dress into something else like a hair bow.
Hope you like this post :*
X







No comments:

Post a Comment