Tuesday 31 December 2013

Welcoming 2014

Usually people would be writing about how sad it is to see another year pass and they'd talk about all the great things they did that year and how much they enjoyed it. Not me though, aha. I am so excited for 2014 and I can't wait to see the end of 2013. I didn't enjoy 2013 that much, right at the start of the year I did but then it kind of went downhill and I hated it. Obviously I'm still thankful for all the things I got to do, it just wasn't the best year I've had so far. I was lucky enough to visit Disneyland Paris as a school trip which was absolutely amazing as it's one of my favourite places I've been to in the whole world (yep I'm a huge Disney fan). The following month I got to see one of my all time favourite bands in concert, One Direction! I enjoyed it so much and I got so many great photos! Those are the two stand out moments of 2013 for me. I also started this blog in June which is one of the best decisions I've made! 
I love the changing of the years because I feel like it gives you a motivation to do something, whether it's something like lose weight or just do something you've always wanted to. Fallouts and arguemets can be forgotten and left in 2013 whilst you move onto 2014. You get a fresh start and you can learn from the mistakes that you've made in 2013. This year there's a lot I want to do/ change in 2014, the main goal being to lose weight and achieve a flat tummy because I'm sick of being the "big" friend. I feel rather determined right now (don't know how long that will last! Haha) and I want people to be able to see results and be like "wow" and I know this sounds weird but I want to have a body that people envy. I also want to try and be nicer to people in 2014.. This has been a New Years resolution for many years but nothing seems to change but I want to change it now. I'm not going to change drastically because I don't want to become a completely different person I just want to be the best version of myself. I would like to stop procrastinating and get things done and I really want to do more. Like get out more and go places with my friends. I want to look back on 2014 and be proud of what I've achieved and be happy to look back on all the amazing things I've done. I'm looking forward to going to Italy with my school, I'm also a little nervous as I'll be getting on a plane for the first time in 12 years! Another exciting event that I'm looking forward to is seeing a 5sos (One Direction's support act)  concert. After having such a bad year in 2013, I'm determined to make 2014 my year. I hope you all have a great new year and stick with those resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment