Sunday 15 December 2013

Quick Christmas Gift Ideas

I think everyone has been in that situation where you only have a few days left to buy Christmas presents and you hardly have any money left. I know I have! With Christmas fast approaching I thought I'd share some cheap gift ideas with you guys. With me being a teenager, I don't have a ton of money to spend on my friends, as much as I would love to spend a lot of money on them each but as I have quite a few people to buy for, my budget just doesn't stretch that far. I usually spend around £2 on each of my friends and then £5 if it is for a secret Santa gift.
Here's a few simple gift ideas...
1. Jewellery
Topshop and New Look have a great selection of jewellery and you might be thinking "but that's expensive?" And normally it is, however I would recommend checking the sales. And no, that's not a "cheap" gift. After all it is still a good quality brand and a lovely gift to receive only it saves you a lot of money meaning you have more money left over or you can buy extra for friends...or yourself!

2. Pound Shop/Home Bargins etc
This might sound really tacky to a lot of people and I would probably think so as well but being I regular in poundland etc. I know some good good little things you can buy. Obviously there's the basic chocolate but you can actually sometimes get Thorntons which would be a lot more expensive else where. One of my favourite things in "cheap stores" is the makeup section. I often find some really nice products by proper brands, for example Maybelline or Rimmel. A few posts back I did a tiny poundland haul where I mentioned picking up two Barry M lip glosses. Home Bargins also has a really good range of scented candles for super cheap and I think they would make lovely gifts. I recommend checking out the home aisle in these kind of shops as you can get some really sweet vintage style, shabby chic items.

3. Body Mists
I have already told my friends I am probably getting them these for Christmas so it doesn't matter if they read this post. Anyway, I think this year I will be getting my friends the Boots Natural Collection Body Sprays. They are only £2 each and I believe they are on 3 for 2 during the Christmas period. The scents a really "powerful" and last a long time as well as being so lovely! I think nearly all girls at my school are obsessed with these sprays!

4. Room Decor
In stores like BandM Bargins and Home Bargins, there is usually always a great home section (like I mentioned above) where you can pick up really cute photo frames or jewellery stands etc. Personally, I love that kind of things like little shabby chic, vintage items. If you buy a photo frame, you can add a photo of you and the person you are giving it to for a really nice thoughtful gift. These kind of shops also have really nice scented candles for really cheap. They sell the glade ones and big jar ones which I think are meant to be a kind of dupe for Yankee Candles. There's usually the cute Christmassy/winter scents and I think these would make fantastic gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment