Monday 28 October 2013

"Face your problems -don't Facebook them"

So guys, this post is going to be another one of those deep ones (like my Barbie one -Soz). I just think this is something really important that I need to say. So there's this photo I see on Facebook and twitter and everywhere a lot saying "Face your problems -don't Facebook them" and I actually find this sort of rude. For people who read peoples depressing status' they probably think it's attention seeking and they get annoyed reading them but I think for people who aren't in the other persons situation then it is a lot easier said than done. I feel that we shouldn't judge other peoples problems and we don't know what they're going through. I actually get very paranoid, anxious and insecure about everything and I constantly want to pack up a bag and move to a different country where no one knows me, so I know what it's like for people who put depressing status'. To be quite honest I think the reason people post these things is to ask for help. I think that they hope that someone will be nice enough to ask what's up and the upset person can offload their problems, I know that that saying "a problem shared is a problem halved" is very true. They want someone to make them feel like they are worth something and like people do care about them. All they want is help and they see Facebook as a way of asking. I can assure you that it doesn't help when people post the "face your problems photo". I can see that it makes the people who write depressing status' very insecure and like there is something wrong with them etc. I don't think I have a lot else to say other than, next time you see a depressing post or tweet then take the time to pop up to the poster and ask them what's up. They might not feel like they can tell you but it's uplifting to know that someone is there for them. You don't have to be that close, if you have them on Facebook then you must know them a bit so please just say something. I've popped up to people before asking if they're okay and they've told me it made them feel so much better and it made me feel good as well knowing that I had helped someone. Just please see peoples status' as a cry for help, please. You genuinely can help someone by respecting them.
Sorry this isn't my usual post but I've been thinking about this for a while and I thought that a blog post would be a good way to spread my thought across the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment