Monday 2 September 2013

Product Review: Baby Lips

Baby Lips.. 
If you haven't heard of them already them I don't know where you've been. Many of you will have already ready tons of reviews on this product but I thought I'd share my own views. 
Baby Lips are basically a tinted lip balm from the brand Maybelline. They have been out in the US for quite some time now but have recently arrived in the UK. When I heard Baby Lips were coming over here I was over the moon! I was searching through all the Boots (a UK drugstore) stores I gap could get to and I never had any luck as they were only available online and I didn't feel like paying for delivery. Finally they arrived in stores and I was quick to pick some up when I was in town. I got three (because it was on 3 for 2) and I got
 
I was a little disappointed as I had wanted to get all three coloured lip balms and I really wanted Cherry Me as I've heard that its the best one out of the six we have in the UK. It shows as well because it was he only one fully sold out. I am happy with the ones I got though. 
My most favourite is Pink Punch because I love the colour.
It looks super bright but it is actually very sheer and subtle which I love as I think bright colours are a bit much for me at my age unless its a special occasion. Because it is so sheer it can be worn everyday and means I can wear it to school if I wanted to. I've found that it is quite buildable and a couple of coats would achieve a more intense colour.
Peach Kiss looks a little scary in the packaging. It looks extremely brown and I really don't suit brown lips. I would not have chosen this colour if it was a regular lipstick but I was so keen to see whether the hype was all worth it. This doesn't actually come out brown at all. It comes out very very sheer and light. It's really hard to explain what it looks like on but it is very natural and light. You can tell that there is a colour there but it isn't brown. Well it is slightly brown but it is so sheer it makes it a very pretty wearable brown.
The final one I picked up is Mint Fresh. This one is just a clear one and is just a regular lip balm except it has a nice scent and has an SPF of 20 which is quite good especially for summer. It's nice but I find that if I use it too often, I get sick of the scent even though it smells so good.
Baby Lips are meant to make your lips super smooth, like baby soft. So far I've found that my lips end up more dry than they were before I apply the product. I don't know if this is just the "breaking in" stage or whether this is what a lot of people have found. I do love them but I do think that they are very over rated and the hype was slightly unnecessary but that's my personal opinion. Who knows, maybe soon I'll be raving about these like crazy. I do hope we get more colours here in the UK because the range we have right now is pretty dull compared to what I've seen available in America.
Have any of you tried out Baby Lips? What do you think? Is the hype necessary or not?  


 




No comments:

Post a Comment