Saturday 7 September 2013

Things Everyone Needs In Their Make-Up Collection: Autumn/Winter edition

Ahh, I'm so sorry I haven't blogged in so long! I've just been so busy with school and my school has decided it would be a good idea to be stricter on homework so all the teachers are setting more than they usually would😒. Anyway, today's post is things I think everyone should have in their makeup collection (if you haven't already read the title). A few posts back I did a "Things Everyone Should Have In Their Wardrobe" so check that out after you've read this if you want. So, on with the list.

1. Red Lipstick/gloss
I think a nice red, whether its dark or bright, is the perfect colour for autumn and winter. I think if you're not a very adventurous person when it comes to lip colours (like me), I think it's a really good idea to buy a cheap red lipstick so if you feel like wearing it then you can but then again, if you'd dont then you haven't spent £7+ on something you've not used. However, if you don't use it then you can use it in the future so it's not all that bad.

3. Blush
I think a good blusher is essential for autumn and winter as it adds a cute glow to you're cheeks. It adds that "wintry cold" look. I think any colour looks nice but it depends on your skin tone but I think a deep colour probably looks nicest in autumn and winter.

3. Lip Balm
ESSENTIAL. Seriously, I think everyone needs a good lip balm for colder months, I know my lips get extremely dried out in the cold seasons. It's a lot nicer to have soft smooth lips rather than dried out lips. I used to always love using my Vaseline and it made my lips so baby soft but it started to turn greasy towards the end of the tin so now I use my baby lips which I'm in love with. I used to be unsure because it dried out my lips a bit but I think that was just the "breaking in" stage because now my lips feel so soft and smooth and they look a lot healthier and plumper. It's also really nice because they are tinted but only slightly and they are very subtle. I also love my Body Shop Lip Butter. It has a nice creamy consitency and it's nice to layer it up and let it absorb and it feels so nice.

4. Nude Nail Polish
I love nudes and for some reason I think they go really well with jumpers. They have a really wintry look to them and I love how natural and subtle they are. They are perfect for autumn and winter because they aren't over the top. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of colour and deep reds and oranges are the perfect autumn colours but I think nude suits everyone and goes with everything.

That's it for is post. It feels so weird to be blogging again! Like I said before, school has been getting to me and I've just not managed to find any time to blog at all! I hope you all liked this post and for more things that I think are great for autumn, check out my autumn must haves which I posted back in August (around the 13th I think??).
Thank you!😘

No comments:

Post a Comment