Tuesday 3 September 2013

August Favourites

Summer is now at an end and its going to be really sad to say goodbye to summer but I'm actually really looking forward to autumn. I live autumn because of the weather and clothes and its so warm and cosy. Just everything about autumn is perfect but seriously, how is it September already?! It feels like August passed in the time it takes to blink. July lasted for ever so I had ages to try out loads of new products but in August I didn't really use many beauty products regularly enough to class them as "favourites" so I've only got a couple.
I actually only have one beauty favourite and the rest are food/drink, randoms and songs.
My only beauty favourite is my Baby Lips
They are so adorable! I just love them so much and I just posted a review on them so check that out for a more in depth opinion. However, I said in my review that they dried my lips out a bit at first but I am now past that stage and they are very moisturising.
So that's it for beauty favourites, now for food and drink.
Firstly I have really been loving Fanta Fruit Twist. This has been out ages but I never tried it and I didn't know what flavour it was. My siste was always telling me to try it but I never did until around half way through August when my mum bought a pack of them. I've had Rio before and it is basically just the same as that. I don't really know what fruits are in it but from the packaging it looks like orange, passion fruit and mango but there might be grapefruit in it, I'm not sure. Anyway, it is a perfect summer drink and its so tropical and tasty and I could drink it all day.

The next drink I've been loving is also fizzy which is making me sound really unhealthy but I don't drink them very often. In August I have been enjoying Diet Coke. I'm not a huge fan of coke and I only started drinking it about 2 years because I used to hate it. Normally I have the regular coke but through August I've been drinking the Diet one and I prefer it as it tastes lighter. Normal coke can be quite heavy going and I always feel so full after I've drunk it. Diet coke also has a nicer taste to me.

Throughout the end of August I have been eating a lot of Wonka Nerds. In the UK Nerds and other Wonka sweets aren't widely available and I only know one sweet shop that sells Nerds but they are so expensive from there. They are £1.50 for the regular sized packet however I was in the pound shop with my friend and we saw the big packs of Rainbow Nerds which is a packet of mixed flavours. Obviously because they were from the pound shop they were £1 which is great value. Nerds are so yummy! They are tiny pieces of some kind of sweet and the only thing I can think of to compare it to is rock (as in the sort that you eat) but its not really like rock at all. Anyway, Nerds are really crunchy and tangy but not sour and just really nice sweets. I ate the whole packet myself and I probably should have shared them..

Random Favourites:

My first random favourite is a band that some of you may have heard of. They are Five Seconds Of Summer. Five Seconds Of Summer (5sos) is an Australian band  made up of Calum Hood, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin and Michael Clifford. They were the support acts for One Direction's Take Me Home Tour which I was lucky enough to go to. I fell in love with 5sos then but I have only recently started listening to their music a lot. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. I listened to Heartbreak Girl as soon as I got back from the concert but then didn't listen to the other because I was worried I wouldn't like them :L Then I saw a lot of people do lyric art for their songs so I decided to listen to some more of their music. I watched the video for Try Hard and I was suddenly in love with them so all this month I've been having them on repeat over and over. Definitely check them out if you haven't already. If you're a fan of Mcfly I would recommend listening to 5sos because they have a similar sound to Mcfly's early work like Five Colours In Her Hair (great song).

Next is my favourite app that I've been totally addicted to
I don't know what it's called but if you search something like superhero birds it with come up. I don't play a lot of games on my iPad but when I do I become addicted. I've been playing this non-stop and it's really hard to think about stopping once you've started it. WARNING: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!!!!


Favourite Songs Of The Month:
 
1. Unpredictable by 5sos
I love, love, love this song and I don't have a reason for loving it so much I just really do. The vocals just sound so perfect and this is probably my favourite 5sos song.

2. Gotta Get Out by 5sos
Yes, another 5sos song. I love this song as well and it is also one of my favourites. The vocals and drums  (the drums are played by Ashton) sound amazing on this track and it sounds like it should be off a movie or something.

So that's its for my favourites this month. It's not a very exciting list as I didn't try out any new products and August just passed so quickly, I don't even know what happened! Hopefully in September I will use more products. What were your favourites for August?

No comments:

Post a Comment