Friday 1 November 2013

I ❤️ Fall Tag

Not going to lie, it feels slightly weird calling this the I <3 fall tag seeing as here in England we just call it Autumn which does sound a but boring. Don't even know why it's called autumn? I get that fall is like falling leaves... I think?? (It is right?). For the original I <3 Fall Tag, a lot of the questions are to do with Halloween and Halloween traditions but in England Halloween isn't taken as seriously as it is in America and I don't really enjoy it that much. I searched through google and found a blogger who did this tag but she was from New Zeland and their Fall is at a different time and not during October so she made up her own questions which I really liked. Unfortunately I don't have her URL otherwise I would give her cred and link her.

1. Favourite fall lip product? 
For fall any lip balm is a complete necessity as your lips are bound to get dry. Lip glosses can be nice as well but I'd say lipsticks are a no-go as they dry up on your lips. I love lip butters as well because they can be layered on and absorbed to give you baby soft lips. My favourite lip balms currently are the Baby Lips which only came into the UK this summer.

2. Favourite fall nail polish?
I have a lot of trouble finding colours that suit me and I find that lighter colours are better on me but I love all the deep burgandys and reds of fall and just any dark shades but they don't suit me a lot. I do also love nudes and I think that they actually don't look terrible and weird on me so I'd say nudes.

3. Favourite fall drink?
HOT CHOCOLATE. Without a doubt, hands down. I don't drink any other hot drinks, I wish I liked tea because the idea of reading whilst all snuggled up and drinking tea seems so nice. Drinking tea also seems like such a British thing to do. Hot chocolate is great because it's drinkable chocolate that's warm! What's not to love?! I also love the different flavours like orange flavour.

4. Favourite fall candle?
I never use candles but I really want to, I think they look so pretty and cosy in bedrooms. I always liked the idea of the scented Yankee Candles but whilst in the shop a few weeks back they all smelt really sickly and weird. I found about 1 nice smelling one but it was a summer one. Does anyone know if they smell different when they're lit? I actually really like the sent of the cheap Glade candles, the festive line is the best!

5. Favorite fall scarf or accessory?
I don't wear scarves a lot but I really love snoods but I've never owned one because I get really annoyed at having thick things around my neck. For accessory  I think the best one is mittens because they look super cute and they keep you warm, yay!

6. Must have fall clothing item?
Jumpers. My wardrobe is currently packed with big oversized jumpers, I literally love fall time because of jumpers. I live for Primark jumpers (sorry).

7. Favourite fall activity?
To be honest, I don't really do "fall activities" but I love all the tumblr style photos of walks in huge forests filled with orange and yellow leaves and snuggling up with a book, a blanket and a hot drink. I love all those sorts of ideas but to me they seem to be more like what Americans do (is that true or am I just stereotyping?) England is so lazy when it comes to celebrations and seasons, we literally do nothing exciting.

8. Why do you love fall?
So many reasons! I love the cosiness of it, I love the snuggly jumpers, I love the colours I love the cold weather. Yes I actually love the coldness (on weekends) because it means I can sleep with layers and layers on top of me and feel so warm and cosy.

What's your favourite season and why? Do you love fall as well, what reasons?

2 comments:

  1. A/W is prob my fave because it means Christmas is near & I'm such a big kid with Christmas :p

    The Yankie Candles don't tend to smell as strong when there lit either Hun.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, Christmas is definitely my favourite time of year! And thanks for that about the candles, may consider purchasing one of the small ones and seeing if I like it

      Delete